15 Jul July 2019 Child Health Awardees
The Hood Foundation is excited to announce our most recent Child Health Research Award recipients! We offer sincere thanks to all of the highly qualified investigators who submitted proposals, as well as our amazing Scientific Reviewers. Congratulations to each of the following on having been selected for funding from a highly competitive group of peers:
• William Chang, M.D., Ph.D. (Assistant Professor of Medicine, Yale University) – Microvascular Networks on a Chip to Investigate How Hyperglycemia Induces Microangiopathy in Type 1 Diabetes
• Jason Greenberg, M.D., M.H.S. (Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Yale University) – Real-time Prediction and Intervention for Impending Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized Children
• Nate Jowett, M.D. (Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary) – Gene Therapy for Peripheral Nerve Repair
• Eunjung Alice Lee, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor, Boston Children’s Hospital) – Systematic Discovery and Correction of Splicing Defects Caused by Retroelement Insertions
• Ellen Roche, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology) – A Circulatory Support Device for Children with Univentricular Hearts and Failing Fontan Physiology
Learn more about these awardees and grant programs here.